[Foundation-l] Re: Thoughts on admin-only IRC channels and RC patrol

Chris Jenkinson chris at starglade.org
Wed Jan 25 22:27:48 UTC 2006

Anthere wrote:
> Jimbo is Jimbo.
> Jimbo is the foundator.
> Jimbo is the benevolent dictator.
> Jimbo is the chair of the Foundation.
>
> But Jimbo is NOT the Foundation.
>
> Assimilating ONE person to a full group of people is RUDE.
>
> It denies our existence. It denies our efforts. It denies the work we
> are putting in the Foundation itself. It denies the very existence of
> our personal opinions. It makes us appear as if we were puppets.
>
> And this is NOT acceptable.
>
> When you talk to a person, you receive the opinion of this person. ONLY.
>
> Ant, a PERSON.

Anthere, you know you and I have talked often enough and I respect your
personal contributions and beliefs enough that I would never intend to
deny your own efforts. I meant Jimbo, and I'm sorry for the mistake in
phrasing.

Chris

--
Chris Jenkinson
chris at starglade.org

"Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful."
  -- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra