[Foundation-l] Re: Thoughts on admin-only IRC channels and RC patrol

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:04:19 UTC 2006

On 1/25/06, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> But Jimbo is NOT the Foundation.
>
> Assimilating ONE person to a full group of people is RUDE.
>
> It denies our existence. It denies our efforts. It denies the work we
> are putting in the Foundation itself. It denies the very existence of
> our personal opinions. It makes us appear as if we were puppets.
>
> And this is NOT acceptable.
>
> When you talk to a person, you receive the opinion of this person. ONLY.
>
> Ant, a PERSON.

Ant, I really don't think Chris was attempting to be rude.  Yes, he
carelessly took one person's opinion to represent that of several
people, but I am sure that this was an honest mistake, not a malicious
(or even thought-out) attempt to bypass the work you do.

Indeed, I don't think anyone would underestimate the work you do.  I
am sure that this was really only the result of a misunderstanding.

--
Sam