[Foundation-l] Copyright of Vatican stuff

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Wed Jan 25 14:58:59 UTC 2006

Tomasz Ganicz wrote:

>2006/1/25, Chris Jenkinson <chris at starglade.org>:
>

>>Robert Scott Horning wrote:
>>

>>>I would recommend that you get some Roman Catholics,
>>>preferably some Catholic clergy who are also active Wikimedians (there
>>>must be a few somewhere) to help draft the letter.  The purpose here is
>>>to try to use language styles that fits within the heirarchical culture
>>>of the Church rather than catch phrases common to Wikimedians.
>>>

>>Essjay (on English-language Wikipedia) isn't clergy, but he is a
>>professor of theology with a speciality in Catholicism. He's probably a
>>great person to get in touch with:
>>  --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Essjay
>>

>OK. I will contact him - but I guess if it make sence to send a letter
>to the Vatican it should be done officialy by Foundation?
>
>--
>Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
>http://www.ceti.pl/kganicz/poli/kontakt.html

This doesn't have to be an "official" contact.  Simply write the letter
as a group of interested Wikimedia users who are interested in adding
original content that comes from official Vatican sources.  That just
keeps the legal hassles of writing a formal letter representing the
foundation and lets the Vatican know that this is a volunteer project as
well.

--
Robert Scott Horning