[Foundation-l] Re: Figures, and what made the fundraiser take off?

Jeremy Tobacman tobacman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 23:32:54 UTC 2006

Many thanks for the ideas and the link.

Two follow-up questions:  Is there a way to extract the numerical traffic
data from Alexa?  Or, better yet, is there publicly-available data of page
requests made of the WMF servers?  Then perhaps I could analyze the fraction
of page requests (of regular pages and of fundraising-specific pages
including Jimbo's appeal) that resulted in donations.

And one question looking further ahead:  might it be possible to test out
different fundraising strategies systematically?  What information would we
need to collect in the future in order to figure out what works best?

Jeremy