[Foundation-l] "(image) quotation policy" proposed in Korean Wikipedia and Commons

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:23:22 UTC 2006

2006/1/24, Puzzlet Chung <puzzlet at gmail.com>:
> User:WonYong, who insisted that the contents of Wikipedia should be
> restricted by National Security Law weeks ago (
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2006-January/043321.html
> ), claims that copyrighted images can be uploaded to Korean Wikipedia
> and Wikimedia Commons,  through "quotation policy."

In most scientific journals I am writing to it is forbiden to "qoute"
the images in a sense it is proposed in this e-mail. You can qoute the
image just by puting a refrence saying for example "In publication xxx
one can find images of.... [number of reference]" - but to put the
original image in your publication you always need copyright agreement
of the publisher of original work.

Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ceti.pl/kganicz/poli/kontakt.html