[Foundation-l] Figures, and what made the fundraiser take off?

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 23:44:33 UTC 2006

On 1/23/06, Jeremy Tobacman <tobacman at gmail.com> wrote:
> To see in more detail how the recent fund drive went, I started looking at
> the raw data and put some figures together here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tobacman/Stats/Fundraising

Thanks for making these stats. It's interesting to have this sort of overview.

>    How can we figure out what made this fundraiser take off?

I'm not sure there's any one answer. Jimmy's appeal
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Personal_Appeal> was put out on
the 31st which certainly had an effect, but the timing (Christmas
ending) and the press around this time could also have played a part
in the take off in the final week.

Angela