[Foundation-l] Why is the world attacking Microsoft censorship?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Mon Jan 9 13:01:25 UTC 2006

But we are not engaged in futilely trying to save people on the
mainland from the executioner. Everything has natural limits. China
will change and one man standing in front of a tank is noble but it
is also bad to re-enact the charge of the light brigade. We can go
far and be bold; we have done that, but going way too far and harming
innocent, or possibly naive, people would be wrong.

I think that part of the world press that has a presence in China
would fully understand our position. They deal everyday with trying
to protect the freedom of their sources.

Fred