[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia logo policy

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 18:01:51 UTC 2006

I agree with Anthere's responses to the other part of your mail, so
I'll just respond to this part:
> Is there any chance the Board would approve my derivative of the logo?

I'd suggest the logo not be hastily deleted since there are dozens of
derivatives and it might set a precedent for deleting those. The
visual guidelines policy is not the same as the policy which says how
derivative logos are to be handled - we don't yet have a policy for
that. Some initial examples are at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Uses_of_logo_derivatives but it's not
moved much beyond this stage yet. Until we have a policy, we can not
approve your logo, but I would rather it be kept for discussion than
deleted at this stage.

Angela.