[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia Visual identity guidelines

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 15:12:17 UTC 2006

daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/6/2006 8:44:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> notafishz at gmail.com writes:
>
> I have  put up the Wikimedia visual identity guidelines on the
> Foundation website.  They were agreed upon by the board, officers and
> local  chapters.
>

> Where?

Not agreed per board meeting or voted over.

I'll add the policy to the list of policies to be officially agreed upon
at the next board meeting.

Ant

PS : these guidelines have been standing on the internal wiki for at
least two months. It is high time they become public. If there are
comments to make on the guidelines until officially approved, please
hurry making them :-)

RePS : these guidelines are also a first step for further policy about
logo uses, in particular by third parties.

ReRePS : I note a sentence I missed before, stating "Note that no
derivative of the Wikimedia logo will be accepted.". I fear this
sentence will have to be changed because we actually several times
agreed for derivative on the projects, for local use. So, it does not
reflect reality....