[Foundation-l] Re: GFDL Version issue: Can simply syncing GFDL Licence document solve GFDL version imcompatibility?

Kernigh xkernigh at netscape.net
Thu Jan 26 17:03:39 UTC 2006

PiaCarrot <nao-yuki at ...> writes:

> Each article on most editions on wikipedia are licenced under
> "GFDL 1.2 or later", but articles on ja.wp are currently licenced
> under "GFDL 1.1 or later".
This means that you cannot translate articles from en.wikipedia (and some
others) to ja.wikipedia.

> If licence on ja.wp shifted to "GFDL 1.2 or later" simply,
> can their "Duplicated articles and images" be relieved
> from  GFDL version imcompatibility because article 9 of
> GFDL licence?
I was planning to eventually propose such a shift for en.wikisource and
en.wikiquote. Both projects, plus sep11.wikipedia, all currently use "GFDL"
without a version number (effectively the same as "GFDL 1.1 or later") for
everything (project pages, talk pages) except sources and quotes. However, some
of the project pages are adaptations from en.wikipedia.

-- [[Wikibooks:en:User:Kernigh]]