[Foundation-l] Re: Copyright of Vatican stuff

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Jan 26 07:07:50 UTC 2006

The link to the 1978 decree makes me wonder because both of these were
issued about a month after these popes came to power.  Were there
similar decrees in relation to the previous popes?  Perhaps not for John
Paul I because of his short reign, but certainly for the three popes
before him.  Pius XI might be a different matter since he did not have
temporal power in 1922.  I suspect that this activity may be nothing
more than a routine decree showing that the pope has abandoned his
personal rights in favour of the church.

Ec