[Foundation-l] Board voting system

Chris Jenkinson chris at starglade.org
Sun Feb 12 13:51:12 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Angela raised the point during the IRC meeting last night that the Board
is unable to make decisions due to the requirement for 5 affirmative
votes before something is implemented. She also mentioned that Michael
Davis and Tim Shell are typically "silent" and due to this it's
difficult to reach decisions.

Rather than discussing forming an "executive committee", which I think
is sweeping the problem underneath the rug, would it not be better to
instead change the voting system used by the Board, so they only need a
simple majority (i.e. 3 votes out of 5) in order to enact a change?

Angela, Florence (when she's not busy having a baby!) and Jimbo are all
active contributors and are definitely trustworthy. Changing the
procedure so they can get things done seems like the best solution to me.

Thoughts?

Chris

--
Chris Jenkinson
chris at starglade.org

"Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful."
  -- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra