[Foundation-l] new site notice now ready

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 11:55:49 UTC 2006

2006/12/28, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>:
> A "big" dot? Are we looking at the same image? The dot of the logo is
> barely large enough to cover the "Uni" of "Unite".

Iperbole.

> > Second of all: marketing works with logos. There's a reason why a logo
> > is so important for the life of a company.
>
> I agree, but we're hardly strengthening the Virgin logo. The Virgin
> Unite logo is barely known. In any case, we'll see what we can do with
> regard to logo exposure in future agreements.

The Virgin logo is widely kwnon, though.

The problem is how the Foundation is working, honestly.
Yesterday, some people told me to talk with my Local Chapter: "they
knew it", "we've talked about it for months", etc etc. I'm not happy
to understand that what has been told me was false.
This deal was presented on the first day of december, on internal-l.
And - as far as i understood - it has been told not to reveal anything
about it.
Foundation presented it in a kind of way as "We've decided, and you
have to shut up", and this is not pretty fair too.
What about Local Chapter? They're totally not representive. They're
not even informed about what' happening and what are the decision to
be made. No voice is given to local communities.

But... Do I remember wrong? Are not the local communities the real
strenght of wiki?