[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 05:20:26 UTC 2006

> There has been strong support for SUL for a considerable time.  If it's
> technically ready let's just do it.  The inconvenience of a handful of
> vandal fighters can be dealt with later.

Agreed.

Today in the early morning, I was asked if there would be possible
that he changes his username on English Wikipedia back. He was also
forced to change his username on English Wikipedia and later change on
other projects too for keep naming consistency; I had been not sure if
he was unwilling to change it or willing, but now the answer seems to
me clear. And he informed me there was the third person who had been
forced to change his username. And I would like to stress here both of
those two are trusted users to some extent. He implied there were more
such people, but only mentioned three including him.

There are people who would like to get back their original identity in
the letters of their own language with trust which they have
established through years.

On the other hand, despite all regret expressed, English Wikipedia
bureaucrats seem to prefer to continue forcing such users to have the
identification they forced from their love for Latin scripts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:CHU#Qzzz_.E2.86.92_.E3.81.A3_.28review_previous_change.29
Strangely, the request about user:っ submitted by Kim Bruning on his
behalf has been left for two days. while all other requests were
processed. I would like to know if it is a sort of sabotage? Hopefully
not. But there is no good evidence to know why, since this request is
just left without comment.

In purpose to respond the worried people on my projects I would like
to know why not. I hope you English Wikipedia bureaucrat would like
not to keep those people to be worried and frustrated through the
holiday seasons. In my opinion you cannot ask the people to show you
love, while you stump them with your foot heavily or show them your
indifference toward them.

--
KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org