[Foundation-l] To all non latin wikis please start blocking latin wiki accounts

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 05:24:54 UTC 2006

Transliteration from English into Serbian Cyrillic would make from
Serbian Wikipedia a completely irrelevant project in Serbia. The
matter of education is to transcribe the name, not to transliterate.
And we are not making a joke (such names would be treated as a joke),
but encyclopedia.

Maybe it is completely OK for one native English speaker to see "Qv",
but for native Serbian sepaker is a good joke to see "Гмаксwелл"
somewhere in the text. We are not able to transliterate "w" because
*our writting culture* is transcription based.

So, please, make a referendum on English Wikipedia, so other
communities would be able to know what *majority* of your community
thinks.