[Foundation-l] Non-commercial images

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 08:23:03 UTC 2006

The idea is that Wikipedia is licensed under the GFDL license. And that
license states that you may only use texts with that license in environments
witht the same, a similar or more free license. GFDL allows the commercial
use of images, so NC-images are actually incompatible with GFDL, and so with
Wikipedia. They conflict with the content. IANAL, but I am told that this is
a potential danger to the status of our content.

Lodewijk