[Foundation-l] wikipedia.it

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 01:05:44 UTC 2006

On 12/15/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Okay, we may need to do a DRASTIC action.

I'm sure people at the Foundation are aware of this, but for the
list's benefit, the Foundation internationally registered several of
the trademarks recently through WIPO, and as far as I can tell at
least "Wikimedia" and "Wikipedia" are now registered trademarks in
several countries including Italy.

I'm not familiar with all of the methods for dealing with domain name
registration in other countries, but does the fact that these
squatters are squatting with registered trademarks (registered in the
country that the domain is registered in) help us?

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com