[Foundation-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 11:19:00 UTC 2006

On 04/12/06, Gatto Nero <gattonero at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/12/4, Angela <beesley at gmail.com>:
> > Following recent discussions on wikien-l where a number of women said
> > they were not comfortable contributing to the discussion, a new
> > mailing list has been created for female wiki editors to discuss
> > issues of gender bias in wikis...
>
> Oh. My. God.
> Which will be the next one?
> WikiNigger? WikiFaggot? (These names are a provocation)
> Are we sure that we need a ML of this kind?

Good grief. Is it the end of the world if women have an ADDITIONAL
list to share their views on? I don't see anyone advocating that women
STOP contributing to the existing lists or channels in favour of a
women-only one instead.

The thread which kick-started the creation of this list is at
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/htdig/wikien-l/2006-November/056725.html
 .

regards
Brianna