[Foundation-l] Montenegrin request for new language wikipedia

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Sat Dec 2 10:52:14 UTC 2006

You don't find translators offering it on various translator's portals
(I checked three of them). These portals do not even include Montenegrin
in their language search. (http://proz.com, http://gotranslators.com,
http://translatorscafe.com).

I am not going to forward my single contacts since they are not involved
with the wikimedia foundation and your politics and therefore remain
protected.

Well ... could you tell me why http://sdl.com does not offer
Montenegrin? and http://logos.it and http://e-kern.com?

Oh come on ... it is enough about politics. You use a different script
to Serbian ... that's all ... btw. the funniest thing I came through was
just one request asking for a translator for Serbian that can understand
the Montenegrin dialect ... so: only one request about the so-called
Montenegrin language on so many translation portals.

In which language are your instruction manuals for computers, fridges,
tv-sets etc. are written if there are obviously no translators offering
Montenegrin as a  language they translate to (hmmm ... strange ... are
there no translators in Montenegro or are they just not offering the
language, because otherwise they would not get any jobs because the
language is not known in the world?).

A statement I got from a person that is neither Serbian nor Montenegrin,
but interpreter (mind me interpreter, not translator) for that ONE
language is that it is not even different enough in pronunciation to
really create trouble to someone not being Serbian mothertongue to
understand it - uhmmmmm ... . Mind me: we are talking about
professionals who deal with languages every day, who make a living out
of that.

Btw. in which language is the Operating System of your computer?

So please: instead of going ahead creating unneccessary problems, help
to find a way to integrate people on the Serbian wikipedia.

Thank you for your co-operation!

Best wishes,

Sabine