[Foundation-l] Stewards are ignoring requests for CheckUser information?

Walter Vermeir walter at wikizine.org
Fri Apr 14 23:07:02 UTC 2006

Essjay schreef:
> Perhaps this would be an appropriate time to say "Maybe we could use a
> couple more stewards?"
>
> Essjay

There are already a fair number of Stewards;
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Stewards

The problem I find as a steward is that is difficult to know what you
are supposed to do. There is no communication platform for the stewards
to discuss things. I find that there should be a mailing list for
stewards. That would be something. Then at least problems could be
discussed with the other stewards. And agreements  about how to do thing
could be attempted to me made.

Now not all stewards work by the same standards. Some stewards are more
easy to give sysop or bureaucrat status then others. The rules of
conduct are not clear or not existing.

I find it difficult that I need to say to a user that I do not grand
bureaucrat status because I find his home wiki is to small when other
stewards do grand bureaucrat status to a similar small wikis.

Walter
--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community