[Foundation-l] Re: Guidelines for Latest news on WMF wiki?

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 14:59:53 UTC 2005

Dan Grey wrote:

> It's just occured to me that now I've an account there, I could help
> keep it up to date :o). But I it would certainly help me and maybe
> others if we had some guidelines for what should and should not be
> listed there. I think the emphasis should be on what effects/could
> effect users.
>
> As a starting point:
> 1. new equipment news (purchases, bits going on-line etc)
> 2. board meeting reports going out
> 3. Officer appointments/changes
> 4. Budget announcements
> 5. Specific technical incidents that affected site
>
> These are pretty much what's going on there now. What else could be
> suitable? What sort of things shouldn't go on there? Perhaps any
> issue/event that doesn't effect *all* projects?
>

> Dan

Jeee, if you could help here, I would be more than happy.
I am slowly getting discouraged in trying to get information to put it
there. I copied the previous to last on wikitech. And got the last one
from Dammit on irc. Not to mention the appointement of Delphine which I
finally put after having hoped dearly someone else would...

All the points you mention are worth of noting.
I would possibly add other items, such
* big meetups announcement (such as Wikimania)
* press releases announcements (such as Yahoo's servers offer)
* creation (or closure) of projects
* major donation or agreements. Or a grant being accepted
* creation of a new chapter
* fundraising announcement (or closure feedback announcement)

etc...

Ant