[Foundation-l] Most read US newpaper blasts Wikipedia

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 23:59:37 UTC 2005

In a message dated 11/30/2005 6:00:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
brion at pobox.com writes:

This'll  be a complete waste; no one will ever look at the "frozen" wiki and
it'll  be ignored. (Being 'wiki' or not is not relevant; it'll simply never
ever
been seen. To be useful, the stable versions need to be right out  front and
fully integrated into *.wikipedia.org where people are already  looking.)

What we need is a tagging system within the wiki, for a  review team to use to
mark certain revisions in certain  states.

Articles with verified revisions will show those by default to  the public,
with
a notice at the top of the screen about their status and  if there are newer
edits available.

Articles without verified  revisions will have a notice at the top that they
haven't been reviewed,  making clear the 'in-progress' state of the system.
I suggested a validation scheme like this about two years ago on meta.

Danny