[Foundation-l] Cleaning up Wikibooks (was Re: Incubator Wiki for New Wikimedia Projects)

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Fri Nov 18 20:32:25 UTC 2005

Alfio Puglisi wrote:

>On 11/17/05, Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On 11/17/05, Alfio Puglisi <alfio.puglisi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Why not simply moving them to some other place instead of outright
>>>deleting? This is a waste.
>>>

>>Some other place such as...
>>

>Well, I don't know, but since they are being deleted because of a
>policy that, I understand, is stil debated, it shouldn't be difficult
>to find some temporary storage.
>
>Alfio

My big beef about this issue is that the decision was completely
arbitrary, and that some of the books that Jimbo wants to remove were in
some ways compatable with Wikibooks policy before his change.

Also, I preceive a conflict of interest here between Wikicities and
Wikimedia projects, where at least the impression that Jimbo is trying
to increase content on Wikicities at the expense of Wikibooks,
particularly with the Jokebook.  I understand that he wants to keep a
more educational mission to the project, and that is fine.  The lack of
details about why he is trying to remove these books is also difficult
to make future judgements on similar kinds of book projects on Wikibooks
as well.

--
Robert Scott Horning