[Foundation-l] Re: STOP Translations needed: Wikimedia Commons reaches 100, 000 uploads

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun May 22 08:13:37 UTC 2005

Hojotoho,

On 5/22/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Mailinglist
> The problem I have with this solution is
>
> * if it is by mailing list, it means yet another mailing list and to be
> fair, the increasing number of mailing list *is* problematic

Hmmm honestly I can't find what is your problem, tre`s che`re.
You can sort your mail in a proper way, and different address is very
sufficient to talk.

And mailinglist is more assured than Cc: list as you described:

> * if it is by regular mail, it is beginning to be a problem as well,
> because we have to remember to which editors to cc for translation, to
> which to cc for mandriva, to which to cc for legal issues, to which to
> cc for mediation issue on a specific wiki... it always end up forgetting
> one person... resulting sometimes in upset. This is getting too complicated.

(murmuring an old spell "read your f*ckin'  RFC822"*...)
* obsolate

You could add anything preferable to you in Subject: ...
Or a neat additional header like "X-WMF-Translation-Requests: "
(but I don't know it is possible on your environment.. perhaps not,
I'm afraid ...
mail environment on freemail accounts is tremendously awkward)

>  We absolutely need to find a way to deal with this, it is increasingly
> inefficient.

Reduce bureaucracy .. so perhaps curerntly the best way is "first
publish in some languages and then call for translators".

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com