[Foundation-l] Re: Fair use on English Wikinews

Dariusz Siedlecki datrio at gmail.com
Sun May 15 10:09:05 UTC 2005

On 5/15/05, Anthere <anthere9(at)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I hope other languages will soon follow as well.

Here goes Poland - http://pl.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Dozwolony_u%C5%BCytek

"Dozwolony użytek" means literally "Permitted use". It's almost the
same as fair use. In the proposed policy we're accepting only logos,
trademark symbols, and attachments for press, such as artworks,
photos, screenshots, etc., which are released by the company which
owns the copyrights to the product in question.

We'll still be discussing it through the following days, but due to
our pretty small user base, we'll probably be ready to start accepting
uploaded media pretty soon.

--
Best regards,
Dariusz "Datrio" Siedlecki