[Foundation-l] Re: Wikiversity

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed May 11 21:37:16 UTC 2005

Erik Moeller wrote:

> Anthere:
>
>> Then why are both wikicommons and wikinews still envased in copyright
>> issues ?
>
> "Envased" is not an English word, if you mean that both projects have
> lacked planning and foresight when it comes to copyright issues, then
> I would argue that the exact opposite is the case:

You're right of course, and sometimes it would be quite understandable
if it meant that Anthere wanted to see you stuffed in a vase. :-)

Literally, the reference is to the feminine form of "vase", which is the
sediment that builds up in a stagnant body of water.  It becomes
"enveser" or silted over.  Figuratively, it becomes "stuck in the mud",
or "mired".  An interesting word!

Ec