[Foundation-l] board elections : some thoughts

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun May 1 12:22:30 UTC 2005

David Gerard:

> So I can write a statement in 1000 Chinese characters, and get that
> translated back to English... you sure about this one?

I'm not sure it's a good way to start a campaign by deliberately looking
for loopholes in the rules ;-). I don't think this will be a problem in
practice, but if you want, you can define that the most commonly used
language is used for the count, or you can retain some flexibility in
the enforcement. I'll leave it to the organizers to decide this. What is
important is that there is at least a basic requirement so that people
don't go overboard.

Erik