[Foundation-l] Licenses

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:28:14 UTC 2005

Hoi,

I may get us the cooperation with the NTG the Dutch TeX usergroup. They
have a resource of 222.872 correctly spelled Dutch words. This data is
nominally licensed under the LGPL, just to ensure that it stays Free.
They are not particular about the license; anyone is free to use it. We
can host these words in the Ultimate Wiktionary. This means however that
the information has to stay FREE as in everyone is to be able to use the
data. It would serve us well in many ways; it would be not only an
important addition to the UW it would also enlarge the UW community in
an important way.

Currently their data is used by the Open Office organisation among many.
many others. The hosting of this type of content is one important way of
making the UW relevant. It is completely in line with the objectives of
the Wikimedia Foundation.

I do ask the board: When the Ultimate Wiktionary is life, do we allow
all and any use of our data and do we allow at least other Open or Free
organisations to use the content of the UW in their applications without
restrictions ?

Thanks,
   GerardM