[Foundation-l] Press release for Wikimania conference

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 25 07:25:02 UTC 2005

The Board has asked me to help organize a press release to publicize
Wikimania 2005, this summer's Wikimedia conference. We've had great
success with some of our past press releases, and this is an excellent
opportunity to develop interest in this exciting event.

I've set up a page to work on the press release, but since I haven't
been very involved in the planning (the chances of me actually being
able to attend are unfortunately very low), the content right now is
barely a skeleton:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_press_releases/Wikimania_conference

As I understand it, the plan is to send this press release out on
February 14. I would appreciate everyone's help in putting together the
content, and eventually translating it into other languages as well.

Please take a moment to advertise this on your individual languages and
projects, so we can get a good group of people working on the press
release. Thanks for your help.

--Michael Snow