[Foundation-l] New project proposal - Wikibuilder

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 04:05:03 UTC 2005

--- Christiaan Briggs <christiaan at last-straw.net> wrote:
> That something _could_ be done somewhere else doesn't mean it _should_.

That something _could_ be done here doesn't mean it _should_.

Works both ways but you still must prove that this will do no harm to existing
projects (that is, not a fork) and that it serves our mission and purpose.

> Wikibuilder's goal is to spread and promote all knowledge of the built
> environment within the terms of the Wikimedia Foundation. It really
> doesn't get any clearer.

Built environment? I still haven't heard a good argument on why that can not be
accomplished within the framework on an existing project. I'm not saying that
such an argument does not exist, just that it has not gained my attention.

> Absolutely, but there's no rush. I'd like to see this proposal develop
> organically with lots of input from others; there're many things to
> consider and technological considerations may well delay any decision.

That much we can agree on. :)

-- mav