[Foundation-l] New project proposal : wikimaps

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 01:35:47 UTC 2005

--- Magnus Manske <magnus.manske at web.de> wrote:

> Well, if I don't ask, nothing's gonna happen at all, right? Right??
> How
> many of my (and other peoples) projects keep rotting in CVS and
> other
> unspeakable places, because they didn't get the necessary push? I
> stopped counting.

Yeah, ask, bang the drum. That's the only way. Go go go!

> I invested quite some brain-power into this one; and as far as I
> can
> judge my own 'ware objectively, it strikes me as both very useful
> and
> thought-through, despite the (relatively!) short time I've been
> working
> on it. But since presentation and persistance (read: creation of
> Klingon
> wikipedia and the like) have become, as you imply yourself, more
> important than writing code, I'm now bugging everyone as much as I
> can,
> in the vague hope something good comes out of it this time, and my
> work
> will not be in vain yet again.

Bug away, also, make simple simple website explaining the stuff. You
may reach people beyond WP. Which is good.

> What else do you expect? Me
> finish the whole world data set before I get approval? :-)

<sarcasm level="full">
Of course, and with altitude, cover, and air data. and don't forget
to map all the latitude longitude coordinates automagically.
</sarcasm>

> Agreed; we might have to wait a *very* long time for that, though
> :-(

Don't wait. Did Linus wait? Just do it.

> P.S.: Glancing over this mail again, I might annoy someone or the
> other with it. Sorry!

Not as many as you cheer up. Carry on.

=====
Chris Mahan