[Foundation-l] Proposal for Wikikids

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Mon Jan 3 21:32:03 UTC 2005

On 3 Jan 2005, at 20:31, Ray Saintonge wrote:

> Achim Raschka wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I want to start a new Wikiproject called Wikikids.
>> (...)
>
> One major problem that is not mentioned, is how do you know when
> someone is between 8 and 16 years old, except when they tell you.  I
> am long past 16, but what's to prevent me from saying that I qualify.
> How can this be reconciled with the right to edit anonymously, which
> is one of the important features of a wiki.
>
> Ec

Yea.
Plus, there's the danger of pedophiles happily (ab)using such a place
as a grooming ground.
It's bad enough that Wikipedia had to face past (or still ongoing?)
onslaughts by POV crusading pedophiles seeking to sneak their sexually
deviant views into the mainstream. Or am I too paranoid and
pessimistic?

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com