[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Feb 24 13:16:22 UTC 2005

Christiaan Briggs (christiaan at last-straw.net) [050224 23:56]:
> David Gerard wrote:

> >The desirability discussion presumably needs greater notice in the
> >technical discussion.

> You're not seriously suggesting that Gerard did not know about it are
> you?

As I explained in the bit you snipped, dividing the technical discussion of
how to implement a feature from the desirability of that feature in the
first place may be seen as artificial and disingenuous. And it certainly
appears that this is being seen that way.

Further (to say again the thing you snipped), continuing to discuss the
implementation of a feature while purging note of the fact that its
esirability is *strongly* contentious closely resembles an attempt to make
it a fait accompli.

Also, you should note that - although I am certainly not saying this is
your intention at all - trying to shift *all* criticism off to a separate
page is a favourite tactic of POV warriors on en: and in other places. As
such, your actions may be seen as highly reminiscent of that.

I suggest you not try so hard to purge this technical page of all mention
of the highly contentious social debate it's concerned with implementing
one side of. i.e. "It hurts when I do this!" "Don't do that, then."

- d.