>>: Re: [Foundation-l] And blocked again

Rich Holton rich_holton at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 02:27:37 UTC 2005

Could we perhaps come up with some temporary work-arounds for Waerth
until something more can be done?

For instance, would one of the anonymizer services help? If he went
through one of those, would he still show up as a open proxy? Are
anonymized IP's accepted if there is no vandalism?

Also, don't we allow signed-in users access even from a banned IP?
Couldn't something like this be implemented?

Finally, perhaps a letter from the Wikimedia Foundation to the open
proxy provider would carry more weight than one from a single user.

Rich Holton
(en.wikipedia:User:Rholton)