[Foundation-l] IFAP

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 22:18:05 UTC 2005

For more information about this grant (which you can actually read and
edit), see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants/IFAP.

Another proposal for the UNESCO grant, suggested to me by some
librarian friends of mine, is also listed on that Meta: page.  Please
discuss the relative merits of the two proposals on the discussion
page.  I worry that the wiktionary proposal is not closely-enough
aligned with the current grant goals... though of course it is in line
with the much vaguer and more general IFAP goals.  The primary goals
for the current grant are more about educating professionals than
about producing content :

[ ] Promoting information literacy, through capacity building
particularly for information professionals
[ ] Strengthening awareness about the importance of preservation of
information of all kinds
[ ] Promoting a better understanding of the ethical, legal and
societal implications of ICTs

( ICTs : Information and Communication Technologies )

--SJ

PS -- please develop basic grant proposals on meta, since not everyone
has access to the grants wiki (and it is mainly for the rare bits of
information which for whatever reason shouldn't be public and
googlable).