[Foundation-l] Re: Google Donating Bandwidth and Servers to Wikipedia

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sun Feb 13 07:52:33 UTC 2005

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:
> Yann Forget wrote:
>> Anthere, the information i added come from the foundation-l mailing
>> list, not "rumors from the Internet".
>

> Well, foundation-l is an unmoderated mailing list on the Internet,
> no? :-)

"You can edit this official board announcement right now!"

Side note: I spent all Saturday sitting in a booth in the Southern
California Linux Expo exhibition hall demoing Wikipedia and talking to
people about just what this crazy thing of ours is. Maybe half the
people I talked to who already knew what we were (and that's most of the
people with the courage to talk to me!) asked about the Google thing...
It's kind of frustrating when "big news" breaks at this stage, because I
don't really have any details to give them and have to hem and haw that
it's still at the early offer stages and there's nothing solid. C'est la
vie... :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)