[Foundation-l] Including an STV voting system with MediaWiki

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Sat Feb 12 21:38:52 UTC 2005

With the recent votes on the Wikinews logo it occurred to me how much
better it would be if we could do such votes using a proportional
preference voting system like STV (Single Transferable Vote). I had a
look around and noticed that there is at least one web browser-based
STV counting software package out there which is open source and
written in PHP.

It would be interesting to see if we could adapt this for use in
MediaWiki to handle inputs from multiple users over multiple days.

http://www.demochoice.org/

Christiaan