[Foundation-l] Re: promotional items (was no subject)

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 5 08:43:34 UTC 2005

Thanks for the proposition Chad and NSK, but I had an idea.

We are sharing many things, like articles. We coedit articles.
We are not sharing all of our promotional items, and usually, we can not
coedit them.

As a result, we tend to do again what other people have already done,
and generally, we lack promotional items.

I invite you to look at this page :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_promotion

For those of us going outside to promote wikipedia, answering
journalists, going to meetings, etc... it is not a very satisfying page.

For example, at least 2 people have made business cards. But these
models are not here.

I know as a fact some leaflets are not here. I know italian made a nice
one. I cannot see it.

I made presentations of wikipedia. Many others did, but they cannot be
reused if not listed here. One of mine is currently hosted by a craowiki
editors, NOT on wikipedia.

We have now great leaflets here, but they are not available, either in
final version, or in workable version, because I have no easy hosting place.

Elian told me we were cruelly lacking promotional items for FOSDEM.

I think this is poor. We need to have access to the version of leaflets
or business cards so we can improve them. We need to have access to
leaflets in other languages so that when we go to multilingual events,
we can provide a wide diversity of leaflets in several languages.

So, here is my suggestion

I would like that a little bit of room is planned on one of wikimedia
servers to host all these promotional things. This is Jimbo and Angela
to answer here.

Second we need to have a way to upload this data on the server. So,
possibly to have a contact person which can do it for us with no access
to servers. This would be Brion to comment for example ?

Third, I would like that accross all languages, we make an effort to
gather all existing information, in degraded pdf version for email
sending, in good pdf version for printing and in workable version
(photoshop, illustrator, xpress, whatever).

What do you think ?

Anthere