[Foundation-l] fund drive, and e-gold revisited

Douglas Jackson djackson at e-gold.com
Fri Dec 23 13:04:24 UTC 2005

About a year ago I proposed on this list that the Board add e-gold as an
additional alternative payment option. As I recall, the suggestion was
declined, with the comment that e-gold was an "also-ran" payment system.

I would like to encourage another look. e-gold has continued to advance
through 2005, pulling considerably ahead of moneybookers.com [and for
that matter, etrade.com and citi.com] in terms of reach and traffic
rankings per Alexa. At present, e-gold processes 40,000 to 60,000 Spends
(User-to-User transfers) per day, conveying $10 million plus of value.
[see http://www.e-gold.com/stats.html ]. Unlike Paypal, Moneybookers,
credit cards or any other legacy option, e-gold is truly global and
features fees that are a tiny fraction of any other system. For those of
you whose life beyond Wiki entails online commerce, I also note that
e-gold is unique in that it is absolutely free of chargeback risk with
immediate final settlement, worldwide.

Dr. Douglas Jackson
Chairman, e-gold Ltd.
(and fan of Wikipedia)

Daniel Mayer wrote:

 >Copied from:
 >http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fund_drives/2005/Q4/Day_7
 >
 >A total of 455 donations were made through PayPal on '''Day 7''',
yielding the equivalent of
 >$10,107.89 USD. The average donation that day was $22.22. Small
increases in mail and Moneybookers