[Foundation-l] Most read US newpaper blasts Wikipedia

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 22:59:15 UTC 2005

On 12/1/05, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:

> If the "trusted" print press turn away people who believe anything they
> see on the internet, I suspect that would actually be better for us than
> claiming we absolutely have to strangle the freedom that produced what
> we have so far.

We should certainly not strangle that freedom.  But I'm not worried
about people being 'turned away' from WP because of bad press.  I'm
worried about the real damage that may be done to people due to bad
content.  As a community, we should be far more concerned about this
than about our own image.

++SJ