[Foundation-l] Anons cannot create pages on english wikipedia?

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:57:08 UTC 2005

On 12/5/05, Walter van Kalken <walter at vankalken.net> wrote:
> What is this:
>
> "This site has restricted the ability to create new pages. If you wish
> to create a new page, you must first create an account or log in
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Userlogin>.
>
> If you'd rather not create an account or log in, consider listing a
> request for someone else to create the page here
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requested_articles>."
>
> Since when is this wikimedia policy to restrict this?

Since a few hours ago. It is more of a test than anything else.  Brion
implemented it today on Jimbo's request a few hours ago, so that some
kind of results can be obtained.  There is certainly not consensus
support for it in the community, though a large faction certainly do
agree.  I think this is "wait and see" time.

--
Sam