[Foundation-l] Re: New wikistats

Jakob Voss jakob.voss at nichtich.de
Wed Aug 31 19:39:27 UTC 2005

Erik Zachte wrote:

> Finally new wikistats

Hooray! You're great :-) It took me half a weekend to get into the new
XML dump (probably because I wasted time playing around and learning a
new scripting language - see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Processing_MediaWiki_XML_with_STX
;-). Do you use XML::SAX in perl or how do you parse the dump?

Will there also be new csv files? The old ones have not changed:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wikistats/csv/csv.zip

Another thing: every time I want to visit the stat I have to search
because the base directories are not readable:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wikistats/
http://www.wikipedia.org/wikistats/EN/

Can you please rename Sitemap.htm to index.htm or add a .htaccess file
that makes Sitemap.htm the default page?

Your home page http://eza.gemm.nl/ still points to
http://members.chello.nl/epzachte/Wikipedia/Statistics/

So how about creating a HTTP redirect or something like that from

http://www.wikipedia.org/wikistats/       to
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikistats

so everybody can document the scripts there?

Good work and greetings,
Jakob