[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikinews-l] Licensure straw poll

Jean-Baptiste Soufron jbsoufron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:42:46 UTC 2005

Dariusz Siedlecki a écrit :
> 2005/8/31, Jean-Baptiste Soufron <jbsoufron at gmail.com>:
>
>>Still, there are other projects using GFDL that would benefit from a
>>correct - and clear - compatibility. Plus, we should not stick to your
>>case only and I am certain that there are some wp contributors who would
>>be happy to be able to re-use wn content.
>

> Okay, I'll be bold - from a NPOV, the CC licenses are the best for us
> and GFDL in its current state is way below them. But there's one
> problem. Reusing content.
>
> Still, note this - do we really want to attach 10 pages of GFDL
> license to our print edition? I think a simple "Licensed under
> CC-By-SA 2.5 (http://creativecommons.org/etc/etc)" would be okay - and
> this is exactly what a text licensed under CC needs.

Sure, but the CC licenses are not that clear ! Do you now what they mean
when they say they are not "revokable" for example. We just talked about
it for 2 hours on IRC yesterday.

The CC licenses were not meant to be used precisely for Wikinews and
they don't adopt the exact vocabulary we need to describe what we do. We
have a chance to make it perfect, so let's do it rather than to rely on
third parties legal work.