[Foundation-l] Wikimedia meeting today

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 18:58:08 UTC 2005

On 8/27/05, Dan Grey <dangrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's about four people on the mailing list.

Four? There are 236 people on that mailing list.

> It has near-zero
> traffic as we're still small enough for *all* discussion to be kept on
> the wiki.

On which wiki? If you mean meta, then it was there too
(<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/License>). If you mean the
English Wikinews, then I disagree. This was an issue affecting the
Spanish, Serbian, and Romanian editions of Wikinews. Where other than
meta or the mailing list were you expecting a discussion about those?

> I have no idea who made that page - and certainly word of its
> existence was never circulated.

It was circulated on the mailing list. 11 different people replied to
it. 236 Wikinewsies could have read it and circulated it to their own
communities.

> I had a look at that the other day. The vast majority of the "votes"
> there are from 2004. What's more noticeable though is that hardly any
> of the users on that page actually are Wikinews contributors. To sum,
> nothing on that page is relevant to the situation today.

Which is the reason a completely new page was made at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/License

Angela.