[Foundation-l] Wikimedia meeting today

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 18:29:44 UTC 2005

On 8/27/05, Dan Grey <dangrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/08/05, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So far, the agenda includes:
> > # Wikinews: license
>
> I'm slightly suprised at this item. No mention of this issue has been
> made on the English Wikinews water cooler, nor on the mailing list.
> It's a little late to begin advertising it now, too.

It was discussed on the mailing list. The only reason I added this to
the agenda was that I realised there had been discussion about this on
the Wikinews list starting over two weeks ago that had not yet been
resolved. Details are in this thread:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikinews-l/2005-August/000286.html

The page at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/License says
arguments will be collected until August 17. Since that was 10 days
ago, it seems overdue for a decision to be made, or at least for it to
be put on the agenda so more people are aware of it. An older
discussion is at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/License_straw_poll

Angela.