[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation in 5 years - Giant brainstorming - a game with rules.

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 14:39:43 UTC 2005

OK, this might be a crazy idea, but mav, Danny and I thought, after
all that was said in the past few weeks on this list, that we should
try and drain everybody's brain to see where we are going.

This is a bit of a game, serious, but still a game. Your ideas will
help shape the future of the Wikimedia Foundation. We are not saying
that all should be implemented, or will see the light, but it is sort
of a giant brainstorming to see where everybody thinks the Wikimedia
Foundation should be in 5 years from now.

The rules are simple:

You will find below a grid of what we think needs to be included in a
five year plan for the Wikimedia Foundation. You may fill all parts,
or just some, as suits you. You may also give details on how to get
there, or not. You're free to say anything that goes through your
head. Your ideas should go on this list.

However, THIS IS NOT TO BE DEBATED. Each of those willing to
participate may give their personal opinion, but no-one is allowed to
criticize/comment on other people's 5-year plan on this list. In a few
days, we will put everything on meta so that can be worked on to shape
a collaborative five year plan. PLEASE DO REFRAIN from hitting the
reply button and commenting other people's ideas.

here is the grid:

==WMF in 5 years==
*Board and management
*Staff (the positions, the roles, whether they're paid or not)
*Budget
*Fundraising scheme
*Philantropic activity and outreach to get our content widely redistributed
*Projects
*Content objectives
*Software objectives
*Relationship between chapters and parent organisation
*Relationships with the outside world (PR, partnerships, etc.)
*Other (anything we did not think of)

Thank you.

Danny, Delphine, Mav