[Foundation-l] Day 1 of the Fundraising Drive

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sat Aug 20 00:13:37 UTC 2005

Hello, Bonjour, Guten Abend, Bon Giorno

I thought it would be nice to keep you posted how are fundraising drive is
going. It hasn't been twenty-four hours yet, but it is midnight, UTC.

So far, we have earned $13,219.74. That is 6.6 % of our primary objective  of
$200,000. I am still trying to figure out how many people donated :-) Once I
do that, I will keep you posted.

A few things to note. I have been checking the numbers all day. It is the
first time I have had access to this information, and I just want to say how
rewarding it is. We have received quite a few donations of $100, but there are
also plenty of small donations. While the big donations are exciting, seeing
people give $1 or 1 euro, a small sum that they can afford,  is  also very
moving. It means that people want to help in any way they can.

Another thing to note is that seeing all the names, I don't recognize
anyone. In other words, we are having an impact far beyond our community of  active
wikipedians. It is very rewarding to see that.

Well, that's all. Just wanted to keep you posted.

Danny