[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimania 2006 - host city contest to open onSeptember 1st 20

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:19:10 UTC 2005

On 8/16/05, Dan Grey <dangrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Who decided this
I did. This is based on last year's time frame, which worked pretty well.

> 2. Why so long
Because it does take that long to find the suitable venue and get the
required information. You think we should leave less time?

> 3. The chances of still being able to book a 500 person capacity venue
> for August 2006 in Britain in the November before is minimal. I would
> be somewhat suprised if was different for anywhere else in the world.
Not sure I get you right here. Do you mean, November is way too late
to book the venue? Or way too early? (sorry, non-English speaker
here).

As for your previous question about who the jury is, it will of course
include the members of the board and this year's organization team.
Debates, like last year, will be public, and every city will be given
the opportunity to defend its ground.

Best,

Delphine

--