[Foundation-l] Research access to logs

Sisay Fissaha Adafre sfissaha at science.uva.nl
Tue Aug 16 08:18:45 UTC 2005

Hi Everybody,

I am working in the area of Question-Answering (QA), particulary QA against
Wikipedia. I am from Informatics Institute of Univeristy of Amsterdam. One of
the things that I am planning to do is analysis of user information needs. Users
include both end-users and authors. For that I need the access logs of
Wikipedia. I have talked about my research plan to a number of people during
Wikimania conference. http://www.science.uva.nl/~sfissaha/Proj_Outline.pdf is a
short-description of my research plan, which I also gave some of the people I
talked to, including Jimmy. Recently I wrote a paper "Discovering Missing Links
in Wikipedia" which is accepted in LinkKDD-2005, August 21-24 Chicago.

I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. My Supervisor is Maarten de
Rijke. I am willing to sign any legal document relating to privacy issue.

Best Wishes

Sisay