[Foundation-l] Polish Chapter founded

TOR tor at oak.rpg.pl
Tue Aug 16 01:08:50 UTC 2005

Dear fellow Wikimedians,

I am happy to inform you, that "Stowarzyszenie Wikimedia Polska"
(Wikimedia Polska Association), the Polish Chapter of Wikimedia
Foundation, has been founded this sunday in Krakow, during a larger two
day event called "Wikimedia Polska 2005 Meetup". More than 25 founding
members signed the documents.

Five Wikimedians were pre-elected to the Board of Wikimedia Polska:
- Łukasz Garczewski (pl:User:TOR), as president;
- Piotr Cywiński (pl:User:Wulfstan), as vice-president;
- Tomasz Ganicz (pl:User:Polimerek), as tresurer;
- Dariusz Siedlecki (pl:User:Datrio), as scretary;
- Jadwiga Andrychowska-Biegacz (pl:User:Jadwiga), as board member.

We still have to get the documents to court and take care of all the
formalities, but we can already see new possibilites opening up before us.

Please visit http://pl.wikimedia.org/ for more information and the
latest news on the Polish Chapter if you want to keep up to date. We
will translate the important pages into English ASAP.

If you need to contact the Polish Chapter, feel free to msg me (TOR_CNR)
or Datrio on #wikimedia on IRC, leave a message on our talk pages on
pl.wikimedia.org (or meta) or e-mail us (addresses can be found on meta).

Chapters aside, you can view the photos taken during the meetup on the
Commons under http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Polish_Wikimedia_Meetup_2005
or in Polish (if you want to practice our wonderfully difficult language
by reading the cations) under:
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Zlot_Wikimedia_Polska_2005/Zdj%C4%99cia

I'd also like to thank everyone whose work and dedication made both the
Chapter and the meetup possible. Special thanks go to Datrio, Wulfstan
and G-dam for all the hard work they've done on the bylaws and to
Jadwiga for organizing things in Krakow wonderfully.

And a big thank you to Tim Shell (who attended the meetup and had to put
up with us Poles for two days :)) for all the patience, kind words and
encouragement!

--
Best regards,
Lucas "TOR" Garczewski